Being the kind of person that really gets a thrill out of getting a good deal on something, I love Odd Lots!!! I typically go about once a week because it’s on my way home from the gym I work out at and I just can’t stop myself. My car seems to automatically gravitate to the parking lot, without me even thinking about it. What I find so thrilling is that I never know what they’re going to have and I can always count on finding something new and unique. Some days I get luckier than others and find lots of wonderful items and other days it’s hit or miss. I almost always find something that my family can use though. Today was one of those days that I had lots of luck!!
I found so many cool things today. I was recently accused of being a “foody” and I think you’ll see why:) Hence the need to workout!! Since most of what I bought today is somewhat healthy, I don’t feel too bad.
- Izze Fortified Sparkling Pomegranate – Naturally Flavored Juice Beverage (It looks like a natural soda in a can.)
- Muir Glen Organic Beef & Vegetable Soup and Muir Glen Organic Chicken Tortilla Soup (The colder weather is already making me want soup.)
- Sweet Sue Chicken & Dumplings (What attracted me is the colorful red, white and blue can and on the top it says AMERICA’S FAVORITE. I hope it’s true, because we’ve got sick and picky kids in the house that this sounds perfect for.)
- ROTEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies (we love to put these in our chili and sausage & cheese dip)
- Amber Harvest Mills Beer Bread Mix – this would actually make a great gift because it’s in a really cute beer looking bottle and comes with an orange iridescent bottle opener. But I don’t think I’ll be saving it for a gift – I’m planning to make it for my home Bible study group.
- Green Tea – Herbal Slimming Tea (now this is probably the only thing that makes sense, since I was after all, on my way home from the gym. I know it’s probably just a gimmick – but since I’m a tea drinker and it’s green tea based – which has lots of health benefits already – I figure I might as well give it a try:)
- Mount of Olives Treasures Earl Grey Tea with Pomengranate (Earl Grey is one of my favorite teas and this one sounds so good – it says it’s a blend of healthy black tea combined with natural bergamot oil known for it’s citrusy aroma, enhanced with a twist of lemon plus it has olive leaves, grape leaves, pomegranate and hyssop.
- Royal Moments Belgium Milk Chocolate Biscuits – says they are made in Belgium too!! Ok – here’s what sold me – it has a story on the back of the box about how Pharmacist Charles Delacre started making chocolate in 1870, originally for it’s medicinal qualities. Due to the inviting aroma and delicious taste, his chocolate became ever more popular, so much so that he was officially appointed as chocolate supplier to the Belgian Royal Court. So I figure if it’s good enough for royalty – then it’s certainly good enough for me – being the Queen of Columbus Castles:)
- Kuhne Traditional German Barrel Sauerkraut – what perfect timing. I love making pork and sauerkraut in the fall, plus it’s Oktoberfest season!! I’ve had this brand before and it’s really good – it’s the real thing – made in Germany.
- ITOEN White Tea – Natural grape flavored tea in individual sized bottles – perfect for when I’m on the go to meet clients looking at homes:)
- Twinings of London Indian Spiced Chai Tea – this tea smells so good even through the plastic wrapped box that I couldn’t resist. I love Chai Tea!!!
- OLDE CAPE COD All Natural Soup & Chowder Oyster Crackers. My son loves oyster crackers and I typically won’t buy them because most brands have partially hydrogenated oil in them. When I read the ingredients in these, I was really surprised. They are truly all natural with pretty healthy ingredients and there’s a testimonial on the box that says “The best oyster crackers I’ve ever eaten!” So I figured I might as well give them a try too.
- Triscuit Parmesan Garlic Thin Crisps (I know these don’t sound like anything special – but they are triangle shaped – so they seem a little more classy looking, than the typical square shaped Triscuits. Plus these will go great with the Comte cheese imported from France, that I recently bought at Costco – which is my other favorite place to shop (but that’s a whole other story that I won’t get into here:)
These are just a few of the wonderful items I found today at the Odd Lots in Westerville. Since I live in Westerville, I typically visit the Westerville Odd Lots. However, I also make it a point where ever I am showing homes to stop in at the local Odd Lots stores all over Columbus because I have learned you can find different things in each store. The Polaris Odd Lots is one of my favorites because I think it’s got to be one of the largest stores and it seems to be better organized and laid out than some of the others. I also like the Odd Lots store off of Olentangy River Road and Ackerman in the OSU/Upper Arlington area and the Great Western Odd Lots on the West Side of Columbus, because they usually have a great food section too.
Check out the Odd Lots website, Biglots.com, for a special 20% off discount coupon that’s good from October 5 – October 10, 2009 to get 20% off your entire purchase. Odd Lots is already a good deal, but this coupon makes it too hard to pass up!! I hope you enjoy shopping for good deals too:)