Petra's Central Ohio Service Provider Directory - Professionals to Care for your Home
As an experienced Columbus Ohio REALTOR®, I have worked with many service professionals over the years. I’m pleased to provide you with professionals whom I and my clients, have had good business experiences. Below you’ll find home inspectors, all types of contractors, carpeting retailers & more. Please let me know if you have any professionals you would recommend to be included here.
When I give a service provider’s name, it is typically one with whom I maintain a satisfied, professional relationship. However, this in no way guarantees you will have the same experience I have had. If you do not get the kind of service you expect and deserve from those I refer…PLEASE, let me know.
Companies NOT Recommended & Why
Warrantech Home Warranty Program:
I have had 2 clients complain about their lack of coverage after being charged for a deductible, only to be told the warranty would not cover the repair items. These clients both felt the home warranty company did not do a good job of communicating to them up front about the potential lack of coverage, prior to sending a contractor to their home. Petra called the Manager of the Service Department at Warrantech and he would not return the call. (October 2007)
The Plumbing Doctor in Pataskala
Charged a client 2 service call fees totaling $100.00, after spending a few minutes to tell them that the 2 items in question would not be covered by the home warranty. There was a break down in communication between this company and the home warranty company because they should have been able to tell the client up front that the items in question may be excluded, based upon the description the client gave on the phone instead of just sending a contractor who charged them service call fees for nothing. Plumbing Doctor charged the client $100.00 just to tell them the items would not be covered. The plumbing doctor gave the client an estimate of $400.00 to fix the 2 items in question – plus the $100.00 service call fee. Client felt this estimate was high and we found another contractor who charged $125.00 to fix the items (which is only $25.00 more than the Plumbing Doctor charged to do absolutely nothing!!!) Petra called the Plumbing Doctor to try and resolve the matter and this company was unwilling. (October 2007)
Affordable Tax Solutions
7152 East Main Street
Reynoldsburg, OH 43068
John is very sincere, honest and has helped my clients understand the tax advantages of owning a home. He offers a FREE CONSULTATION, to help determine how much taxes you can save when owning a home. Affordable Tax Solutions offers individual and business tax preparation by experienced tax professionals (16 years average experience). They also provide bookkeeping and payroll services and their fees are more reasonable than most companies. Just call to compare.
Back to Top
Richard F. Meyer specializes in Estate Planning, Probate, Trusts and Senior Issues.
Dirk and Dow Voelker
1620 W 1st Ave # 6
Columbus, Ohio 43212
J & J Basement Waterproofing
1256 Moler Rd
Columbus, Ohio 43207
J&J provides honest, free estimates on basement water issues.
Porcelain Professionals of Ohio
Columbus, Ohio 43230
The oldest bath tub refinishing company in Central Ohio. UGLY TUB? Don’t replace it – reglaze it! Bathtub, sink & appliance refinishing and chip repair. Glazing for bath tubs repairs rust, cracks and holes.
Back to Top
Columbus, Ohio 43214
King of Kings Carpet Cleaning & MORE
We clean: carpet, rugs, furniture, mattresses, spot removal, air ducts, tile and grout, pet and smoke odors, water extraction and also do carpet repairs. We are a family owned and operated business that has been serving the greater Columbus, Ohio area since 1995. We have built our company around the virtues of honesty and integrity. If we don't know how to do something, we will let you know up front.Back to Top
Dan Few Concrete
Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068
Does all types of concrete work and repair at reasonable prices.Back to Top
Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068
Waibel Electric is a family run operation and has been on Angie’s List for many years. I, as well as several of my clients, have personally used their services. Prices seem reasonable and service has been good.
MENTION THIS AD TO RECEIVE A 5% DISCOUNT.Back to Top
12968 National Road SW
Pataskala, OH 43062
We serve all of Central Ohio and provide expedient, inexpensive floor covering service for your new home or to get your current home sold quicker! Visit our store or we’ll come to you with samples. We carry area rugs, carpeting, ceramic/porcelain tile, decorative surfaces, laminate flooring, specialty floors, vinyl/resilient, wood flooring, and more…Back to Top
Economy Garage Door Repair, Inc.
P.O. Box 44432
Columbus, Ohio 43204
They repaired our garage door quickly and for a very reasonable price. So I recommend them for those repairs you can’t do yourself. They can also install your new garage door/opener.Back to Top
Swiss Heat and Air
Swiss Heat and Air offers a variety of heating and cooling services – perfect for someone buying or selling or in need of replacing a furnace/ac economically. They stand behind their work and have several positive reviews on Angie’s List.
ProTech Northland Heating, Cooling & Refrigeration
694 Moon Road
Columbus, Ohio 43224
Reasonable prices, quick service for all your heating and cooling needs. Planned maintenance programs, 24 hour emergency service, commercial and residential.Back to Top
We perform mold inspection and sampling, allergen screening and environmental testing. Inspector Mold holds the following certifications & affiliations: CRMI, PMI, CMI, IESO and NAMP.
MENTION THIS AD TO RECEIVE $35 OFF ANY MOLD INSPECTION OR ALLERGEN SCREENING.
Independent Health Services – FHA/VA Approved
ORDER ONLINE @ Independenthealthservices.com
Independent health services performs various testing and inspections throughout Central Ohio:
Termite service agreements
Gasline Inspection & Warranty
Well Water Testing
Complete Water Check
Lead & Nitrate in water
ASK ABOUT THEIR SPECIAL PACKAGE PRICE FOR – Well, septic, termite & gas inspections.Back to Top
Kustom Home Inspection Services
Serving all of Central Ohio
Delaware, Ohio 43015
Professional home inspector certified by ASHI or NAHI. Insured & Bonded. They preform a thorough home inspection and can also do gas line inspections, radon tests, septic & well tests. inspections include:
Structure – foundation/basements, sump pumps
Exterior – grading/siding/walls/driveways/sidewalks & all general components
Roof – gutters – downspouts
Interior plumbing system (water penetration in visible areas only), water heater, venting
Central heating & cooling system
Gas leak detection
Kitchen & bathroom fixtures, built-in appliances & all main components
Outbuildings (additional charge)
120 Day Written Buyer Comfort Level Warranty
FREE Home Owners Manual to Buyers after inspection
Electronic report including digital photos to the client and agent within 24 hours.
Members of the BBB & Angie’s List.
Health care professionals
Law enforcement Officers
Buckeye Gold Card honored
4960 Windy Bluff Court
Westerville, Ohio 43081
He does just about everything, except carpet replacement, including all types of home repairs, remodeling, maintenance, etc. He’s great at getting your home ready to sell with minimum cost.
Specializing in remodeling and updating homes as well as making repairs/improvements to get your home ready to go on the market including the following:
* Basement finishing
* Kitchen remodel
* Bathroom remodel
* Exterior Services
* Custom entertainment centers
Orv’s Handyman Service
972 Station Court
Columbus, Ohio 43235
As the name implies – he’s a great handyman with reasonable prices.Back to Top
8 Tips For Homeowners Insurance
Bankrate.com By Dana Dratch
Why wait until after a disaster to discover your homeowners insurance doesn’t really have you covered? Here are eight things to do so you can have peace of mind — and full protection — right now:
- Understand the claims process. Two policies can promise the same amount of coverage, but they can be vastly different when it comes to making you whole after a loss. Have the agent explain exactly how claims are handled, especially when it comes to writing you a check. Do you receive your entire claim upfront, or just a fraction? Does the company pay you for all the things you’ve lost, or only those things that you replace?Some policies will give you the cash value of your possessions right after a loss and wait to cover the replacement value until after you’ve replaced your items — with the receipts to prove it. This could be a problem if you’re wiped out and have no cash reserves.Equally important is the timetable on replacement. If you go from living in a five-bedroom home to sleeping in a motel room with four kids and a dog, you might not want to go on a shopping spree right away. How long do you have to replace your things?
- Take inventory. Filing a claim involves two steps — proving you owned certain items and verifying their worth. This is a lot easier to do when you still have your things. Go through your home with a video camera (rent one if you don’t already have one.) Walk through each room, do a quick sweep and get everything you own on tape. Don’t forget the attic, basement, closets and offsite storage locker, if you have one. Or take the low-tech method: make a list and shoot a few rolls of film. Stash your video or photos in a safe deposit box with a copy of your policy. If you keep your inventory at home, make a second copy to give to a friend or keep at the office.
- Buy floaters. Many times, homeowners and renters policies limit the amount you can collect on some big-ticket items — usually things like computer equipment, jewelry, furs and fine collectibles — to a fraction of the replacement value. If this is the case, you need to pick up a special policy known as a “floater” or “endorsement” for each of those items. A floater will also reimburse you if you simply lose the article. In the case of something new, save the bill of sale with your inventory, and fax a copy to your insurance agent. If the item is older, have an appraisal done. Again, save one copy and send another to your agent. That way, you’ll never have to worry about proving you owned an item, and there will never be a dispute over what it’s really worth.
- Keep pace with inflation. This is especially important with a homeowners policy. It may have cost you $100,000 to build your home 10 years ago, but it might cost $120,000 to replace it today. “Many companies have inflation guard, which covers the increasing cost of rebuilding,” Salvatore says. When your policy comes up for renewal, talk to your agent to verify that your coverage amounts are still realistic. And when you make an improvement, add it to the total.
- If you own a condo or co-op, protect your property. Make sure that the condo board or association has a policy that covers the common areas, and get a copy. Also look at the association bylaws to find out what portions of the home you must cover. “It’s usually from the drywall in,” Griffin says.Since condo owners need their contents policy to cover things like cabinets and fixtures, they need a bit more insurance than the typical renter. Sometimes you get a price break if you go with the same company that wrote the policy for the condo association.”Plus they are familiar with what they cover, so they know what to sell you,” Griffin says.You also may want to consider assessment coverage. If the condo association’s policy is not large enough to cover a loss, or if there is a hefty deductible, the association will split the additional costs among the members in the form of an assessment. With assessment coverage, your insurance company pays the tab.
- Consider flood and earthquake insurance. Granted, this is not for everyone. But if you live in an area prone to floods or earthquakes, it pays to know that most property policies do not cover these disasters. Some independent carriers offer both. For flood insurance, you can also contact the National Flood Insurance Program. In California, you can get earthquake insurance through the California Earthquake Authority.
- Think about buying an umbrella policy. Liability insurance, which picks up the tab if someone gets hurt on your property or through the actions of your family members, tops out at $300,000 on most homeowners policies, according to Griffin. “But nobody sues for $300,000,” he says. “That usually starts at $1 million.” His recommendation: If you have assets, pick up an umbrella policy that would add extra liability coverage to your home and auto policy. “Umbrellas are cheap — usually starting at about $100 to $200 a year.”
- After a life-changing event, call your agent. Getting married or divorced? Are the kids moving out — or back in? The amount of insurance you need — and the items you want to cover — change over the years. Be sure you keep your policies and inventories up to date.
Dana Dratch is a freelance writer based in Atlanta. Posted: Sept. 23, 2003Back to Top
P.O. Box 3053
Dublin, Ohio 43013
We Do All the Loading & Clean Up:
* Old Furniture & Appliances
* Office, Home & Yard Clean-Ups
* Construction & Renovation Debris
* Single Items to Multiple Truck Loads
CALL US YEAR ROUND for friendly, on time service. Contact us for pricing.
Buckeye Hauling and Dumpster Rental
Call for a FREE estimate: 614-397-1171
Specializing in removing your unwanted junk, lawn waste, appliances, tires, estate cleanouts, roofing and construction materials and more. 1 item or a houseful!
Rent 10-15 Yard Dumpsters to toss your junk into or call us an we’ll remove the junk for you and take it to a local Columbus Ohio Junk Yard.Back to Top
Wood Stock from the Past – Reclaimed Wood
Put a Little History into your New or Remodeled Home – use beautiful, rare reclaimed wood for your flooring & interior designs
Wood Stock from the Past
P.O. Box 210
Burton, Ohio 44021
440-635-0680 – fax
Put a little history in your new or remodeled home and save our forests by buying reclaimed wood! Wood Stock from the Past is a Salvage/ Demo Company that dismantles century homes and barns to salvage old wood beams, doors, windows, shutters & any other wood that is salvageable. This rare old wood could be manufactured into flooring, paneling and wainscoting or made into trim to fit your needs. We also have Post & Beam pieces that would be great for small planting/potting sheds or pavilions.
FLOORING: (Pre finished is available on all flooring orders)
Stair Treads & Risers
Antique Red Oak Flooring
Antique White Oak Flooring
Antique Pine Flooring
Antique Maple Flooring
Antique Chestnut Flooring
Antique Hickory Flooring
Antique Walnut Flooring
Antique Cherry Flooring
Antique Beech Flooring
DISTRESSED LUMBER: (for paneling, wainscoting or made into trim to fit your needs)
Red & White Oak
Red & Yellow White Pine
OTHER ITEMS AVAILABLE INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Antique Post & Beam Structures – to order for assembly
Wide Plank Antique Boards
Rough cut beams & dimensional lumber
Variety of Barn Siding (Red, Gray and Brown)
Old House Doors, Windows, Glass & Slate
You can choose from a variety of antique woods, distressed lumber, barn siding & old house doors, windows, glass & slate. Wood is sold as is or can be kiln dried & milled to your specific needs.
Call for FREE ESTIMATES on flooring projects or interior/ exterior design needs. PRICE LIST can be mailed upon request.Back to Top
DDI, Inc. Moving & Storage
Don Davis, President
370 Chilton Place
Gahanna, Ohio 43230
DDI is a blue collar corporation with an outdated mission statement: Work Hard for the Customer. One of our services is residential/commerical moving. We provide local and long distance services. Our team is comprised of my friends and family, and they are paid a percentage of each job. This ensure a vested interest to do the job right! I quote all jobs and am on-site doing the work. We are not a franchise, and there are no overpaid suits in this company, just hard working men and women.
MENTION THIS AD TO RECEIVE $50.00 OFF YOUR MOVE!
Leaders specializes in local & statewide household moving/storage services. We are the only moving company in Ohio that offers a fixed guaranteed moving price right over the phone. We have 12 Master Movers. Each one has moved over 1,000 families. Fill out our web-based quote form to receive your quote today. Ask about our 100% refundable carton loan program – to get your moving boxes for FREE.
MENTION THIS AD TO RECEIVE A 10% DISCOUNT!
You call, We deliver in Central Ohio! Premium Moving Concierge service to make moving to or from Columbus Ohio easier. “Let us handle the details!” Tips, advice, suggestions about moving and Columbus Ohio movers.
Call for a FREE packing assessment. Save yourself some time and headaches, we provide professional packing and unpacking services at costs usually 20% lower than other moving companies.
For the do it your selfer we provide moving supplies DELIVERED FREE to your door within 24 hours including:
Packing Sample Price Chart
Starter Kit $19.48
5 Small Boxes
5 Medium Boxes
1 Roll Tape
Apartment Kit $89.94
15 Small Boxes
15 Medium Boxes
5 Large Boxes
2 Rolls Tape
Homeowner Kit $246.06
40 Small boxes
40 Medium boxes
20 Large Boxes
4 Rolls Tape
**All Prices Include Tax
** Speciality Boxes and Bubble wrap also available.
Whether you are relocating to Columbus Ohio or just moving within Central Ohio, we guarantee we’ll make your move easier! Call 614-848-6456 for a FREE no obligation consultation.Back to Top
WHAT IS THE MOVING COACH?
It is a FREE Professional Management Service Exclusively for REMAX customers. This service is designed to make your move to or from Columbus Ohio easier. Are you planning to relocate to Columbus Ohio? Consider these benefits:
Dedicated moving coaches who will provide a single point of contact.
FREE protection coverage up to $75,000
FREE multiple estimates
Guaranteed not to exceed estimates on state to state moves
Discounted national rates on long distance moves
No peak season rate increases
One less hassle to deal with
To learn more call 1-800-494-7384 or visit www.movingcoach.com a REMAX approved supplier.
PODS – Portable On Demand Storage
As your realtor, I am excited to share with you a special PODS discount – 10% off the delivery of your unit and first month’s storage for local moves.
Just mention Petra Hinterschied of Remax Connection Realtors for your discount.
PODS is continuing to enjoy phenomenal growth as they continue to expand across the U.S. They will be opening in Canada in the 2nd quarter of 2006 and currently have 90,000 units in service compared to approximately 55,000 this time last year. They offer service in over 40 new markets compared to last year as well.
PODS is proud to announce their new Content Protection Option with coverage from $5000-$80,000. For details and to dowload the Contents Protection Option brochure or get a quote visit: PODS.com/remax/communications.aspx
Back to Top
841 Taylor Station Road
Gahanna, Ohio 43230
*Boxes & Packing Supplies
*Security Code Access Gates
*Detailed monitoring/logging of activity & access
*Individually Alarmed Doors on Storage Units
*Security Lighting in all Units
“We are your RV and Marine Outdoor Storage Leaders”
*Gated parking with computerized entry and exit
*All asphalt parking lot
*Winterization Packages available
RENT WITH US & GET YOUR SPACE FREE FOR ONE MONTH! Call for details.Back to Top
A Brush of Class
James Miller, President
Gahanna, Ohio 43230
They painted our stucco home and we were very pleased with their service and professionalism.Back to Top
Dave Aldridge, Owner/Photographer C.P.P., took my pictures for this website. I think he did a great job. In addition he was very efficient and knowledgeable. Prices are reasonable and I recommend them for all your photography needs.Back to Top
Bill Weiner Roofing, Ltd.
6874 Gilette Drive
Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068
Anchor Roofing of Ohio
P.O. Box 251
Sunbury, Ohio 43074
Roof Installations (tear-off and layovers)
Seamless gutter and downspout installation
Roof certifications as required by FHA and VA loans ($150.00) – if Anchor Roofing cannot certify a roof to last for a certain number of years, we will give an honest and fair quote for roof replacement. If the Roof cannot be certified, there will be no charge.
Cook’s Termite & Pest Control
1014 East Hudson Street
Columbus, Ohio 43224
Genesis Pest Control
623 Wilson Drive
Columbus, Ohio 43207
Giddy Up Go Termite & Pest Control
1689 Karl Court
Columbus, Ohio 43229
Ron Zaniewski Tree Trimming
3405 Fisher Road
Columbus, Ohio 43204
Reasonably priced tree trimming, pruning, chopping, stump removal and hauling services.Back to Top